Sunday 1 June 2014

Emerald Destiny by Allie Burke


Blurb: What happens when the girl you’ve loved since you were six-years old runs away from you, effectively breaking your heart again? Evan is about to find out.

Nineteen-year old Evan spends his time in the woods of Dare Forest where the trees have personality, as close to Abby as he can be. But love has a cruel master and everyone around him has forbidden he contact her.

Abby’s nights are stressed with her Enchanter life, her dreaded nightmares, and her enduring will to save her brother from his own inner darkness. But when Evan speaks to her for the first time in fourteen years, she finds his voice too painful to bear.

Countless times before them, the union between their opposing families has failed and caused unfathomable destruction. The love in their hearts strives to be together forever, but will their destinies break them apart?

Allie Burke’s second novel in The Enchanters Series breaks through the Paranormal Romance genre to not just entertain her readers but empower and inspire them to embrace the momentous question: What would you do when faced with an impossible love?

My review:
When Allie announced that it had been done, that the second book in her series was available for purchase, I immediately went and got my copy. I hadn't read 'Violet Midnight' yet; it was sitting on my Kobo, patiently awaiting one of my lazy days to be read. I'll even admit that I didn't even read the synopsis or description, I just clicked purchase and put it on my Kobo beside its sibling. 

So when I finished reading 'Violet Midnight' yesterday afternoon, I smiled to myself and thought, 'perfect, I can start on the next one'. Now, I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't read the first one, so to put it vaguely, when the pages on my screen stopped turning, all I could think about was that because of their bloodlines, those kids were going to have unbelievable powers. I loaded 'Emeral Destiny', started reading, and grinned.

I love that Allie decided to focus on Abby, Daniel and Evan in this book. Not only was the storyline great, it really felt as though she'd settled into her style of writing. The twists were brilliant, the descriptions amazing, and the characters real. I absolutely love the world she's created and can't wait to get the third book when it comes out.

If you love romance, adventure, and magic, Allie Burke is the author for you.

Bio: An American novelist from Burbank, California, Allie Burke writes books she can’t find in the bookstore. Having been recognized as writing a “kickass book that defies the genre it’s in”, Allie writes with a prose that has been labeled poetic and ethereal.

Her life is a beautiful disaster, flowered with the harrowing existence of inherited eccentricity, a murderous family history, a faithful literature addiction, and the intricate darkness of true love. These are the enchanting experiences that inspire Allie’s fairytales.

From some coffee shop in Los Angeles, she is working on her next novel.  Book 3 of the Enchanters series will be published by Booktrope Editions late Spring 2014.  To learn more,
visit Allie at http://allieburke.wordpress.com



http://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Destiny-Enchanters-Allie-Burke/dp/1620153602/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1401487729&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=emerald+destiny+allie+burke

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/emerald-destiny-allie-burke/1102784440?ean=2940149328000

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10349394-emerald-destiny?from_search=true

1 comment: