Saturday 13 May 2017

Cartoon Crushes, Anyone? No? Just Me?

I remember it like it was yesterday.  My first crush.  I was five years old.  I know, I was young, but what can I say, I was born a romantic.  He was brave, had spiky black hair, and wore some sexy ass red boots.  *sigh*  I know.  He sounds perfect, right?  Oh.  Wait.  Did I mention he was a cartoon? Yeah. But look at him! Astro Boy was bloody cute! Am I right?
Later on in life, I had a few crushes all at once.  What can I say.  It's when I started falling for the sarcastic ones and the world of cartoons was reading my mind. Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters... There were more, but I don't think you want to read ten pages of cartoon characters.  
I'm not going to lie, though.  I had a favorite.  Remember Throttle from Biker Mice from Mars?  Yeah.  He was amazing.  And yes, I know he's a mouse. 
And what can I say; getting older hasn't stopped me from crushing on cartoons.  I mean, there's Hiccup (I mean, come on... dude has a dragon), Optimus Prime (though I guess with him it's been a thirty some year long crush starting with cartoon, then movie, then cartoon again), and Diego from Ice Age.  Once again, there are too many to mention.




At this moment in time, I only have one cartoon man in my life.  He's tall, red, and a no bullshit kind of guy.  How can you not fall for a guy who saves lives and makes snarky comments while doing it?  Oh, Heatwave, you can roll to my rescue any time.  Hahahahahahaha!


Alright, so now that my weirdness is out (not that I try to hide it), I showed you mine, so you show me yours.  I want to know who your cartoon crushes were and are.  And don't tell me you don't do it too!  I saw the fan art out there while I was trying to find pictures for this post... I might be weird, but there are some truly disturbed people out there.  All I'm going to say is that I cartoon crush because of their personalities, their demeanor.  Um,  what I saw today... people, they're cartoons and most of them aren't human.  What I saw was not okay.  

But I digress.  Show me your cartoon crushes! I'm going to push publish and share and then I'm going to go back to watching Rescue Bots with Anthony.  It's the musical episode and that's our favorite one.  And Heatwave? Well, he's too bloody cute in this one.   😄😜


No comments:

Post a Comment