Friday 11 October 2013

It's My Anniversary, so you get an excerpt... of the second Witteck novel. WHOOP!

Well, that was a long title. lol So, here it is.  A sneek peek at book two of The Witteck Chronicles.  :D

“By the moons, Brice!  I’ve never told you this, but I was always under the impression that some humans are a bit slower than the average shifter.  I think you just confirmed this for me.”  Danny shook his head and took a drink of his sloan.  “Do you need another drink?”
“Probably not, but I’ll have another just the same.”  He handed his mug to Danny who was still shaking his head.
“So let me go through this again just to make sure I got this right.  You fall in love with a woman, who happens to be madly in love with you, no don’t deny it.  If you didn’t know she loved you then you were the only one who didn’t notice, which would then reaffirm my suspicions of the slower human brain.  So, then, instead of whisking her away to a cabin and making her your mate, you tell her you love her and confess to every sin you’ve ever committed.”
Brice groaned and laid his head in his arms.  “That sounds about right.”
“So now, for the past week you’ve been avoiding her?”
“That’s accurate.  She said she needed time.”  He looked out of the window and into the storm that was raging outside.
Danny shook his head again.  “Don’t even think of heading home.  You can sleep in the spare room.  Not to mention that in the shape you’re in at the moment you’d probably head straight to Kacey’s and say something unbelievably stupid to Blayre which would hurt your chances of ever getting her to take you back.”
“You’re probably right.”
“Of course I’m right.  You know, it’s not like you sat down and told her you’d stolen money or killed for the pleasure of it.  I think she could have handled that.  You actually told her that at one point you hated us and wanted to wipe us out then almost managed to do just that.”
Brice looked up and glared at his friend.  “I know, Danny.”
“Sorry.  Well, look on the bright side.  At least all you need to do is convince the woman that despite your past you actually are the great man she thought you were.  The fact that none of us have tried to kill you should show her what we all think of your character.  That should help.  Here I’d given up on fating and was about to go find myself a nice girl to settle down with when low and behold I’m dreaming of the most beautiful woman I’ve ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on only to realize that I have no idea what kind of being she is or where she might be.”  He took a long drink of his sloan.
“That does sound worse than my situation.”  Brice shook his head.  “So what are you going to do?”
“What can I do?  I have no idea where to start looking.”  Danny shrugged.  “What are you going to do?”
Brice looked across the table to his friend.  “I’m leaving.”
Danny frowned.  “What?”
“I can’t do this.  Giving Blayre her space when she’s so close is driving me insane.  I have to get out of here.”  He looked out the window.  “As soon as this storm lets up I’m leaving.”
“Where will you go?”
“I’m going treasure hunting.”
Danny laughed.  “Really?”
Brice nodded.  “Matthew is going to Paradin to see if he can’t find more information as to where Braw found the green orb.  I’m going to tag along.”
“It sounds like fun.  Do you think he’d mind if I came along?”
Brice smiled.  “Probably not.”
The pair refilled they mugs.
“Alright, then.”  Danny grinned.  “Treasure hunting it is.”

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment